Collaboration Matters were delighted and incredibly honoured to be publicly recognised by IBM last week at the Software Partner Marketing College at IBM South Bank in London.
The ‘IBM Software Platinum Achievement Award – Outstanding Marketing Achievement’ recognised those business partners that have marketed IBM’s and their own solutions in innovative and ground-breaking ways over the past year. Finalists were Portal, Applicable, Barrachd and Collaboration Matters with Collaboration Matters taking the award.
Activities that were highlighted in considering the award included:
- The Collaboration Diner at UC Expo (breaking the mould for trade show stands, by making the main event the conversation and contribution, not the sales effort)
- Our ongoing series of Social Business Breakfast sessions (combining education and discussion on topics and issues relating to Social Business all through a combination of face-to-face and tool-based collaboration)
- The Collaboration Garden (an exclusive invite-only Social Business platform allowing organisations and individuals to trial, learn, discuss and be educated around the power of Social within Business)
Key to all of these initiatives has been our focus on being ‘refreshingly different‘ – an IBM Business Partner like no other. It is great to see IBM reward our efforts:
“Collaboration Matters are creating innovative solutions with IBM collaboration technology in response to the Social Business models more and more customers want to pursue.”
Mark Barrett, Business Unit Executive, Partner Sales, Software Business, UK and Ireland
Thanks must go to my colleague Rooven (who was behind the concept for the Collaboration Diner), to the team at Arrow ECS (our VAD) and to all those at IBM UK who have supported our efforts this year.
About the Blog
Authored by Stuart McIntyre and Rooven Pakkiri, this is the corporate blog for Collaboration Matters covering the topics of Collaboration and Social Business.
However, unlike most corporate blogs, we won't pull any punches or slip into dull company speak, we aim to tell it as it is and to demonstrate true thought-leadership in this space.
- McKinsey Quarterly: Making internal collaboration work – An interview with Don Tapscott
- Get a fantastic deal for IBM Connect 2013 with Kenexa
- Joining the team… Sharon Bellamy
- The Social Business imperative – a time of radical corporate change
- IBM introduces the IBM Connections Suite
- The rise of the Community Manager and the Collaboration Garden: an IBM Social Business Briefing
- Collaboration Matters awarded IBM Platinum Achievement Award
- Different technology, same values
- Warning for IBM Connections admins – change that Plugin keyfile password!
- Social Connections III – Registration is open, session abstracts invited!