The IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins Microsoft Windows is intended for Microsoft Windows users, adding social networking features and functionality from IBM Connections services, including Activities, Communities, Files, and Profiles.
The IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins for Microsoft Windows provides the following features from Windows Explorer:
- Upload files for personal use or to share with others
- Upload files to a community or attach them to an Activity
- Share existing Connections files with other users or with a community
- Drag and drop files from your desktop to Connections Files or to a community
- View and manage versions of your files
- Add comments to files or recommend files
- Edit and publish local drafts to Connections
- Pin or follow folders and files for easier tracking
- View business cards for people and invite them to your network
- Easily access all Connections features via browser links
The IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins Microsoft Windows supports:
- IBM Connections 184.108.40.206
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
I’ve been looking forward to this plug-in for a very long time, so I’m excited we have it for deployment today. I know a number of customers that have been holding back on full-scale deployment of Connections until they have native access to Connections Files, so this will make a significant difference. Hopefully the Mac version won’t be too far behind
About the Blog
Authored by Stuart McIntyre and Rooven Pakkiri, this is the corporate blog for Collaboration Matters covering the topics of Collaboration and Social Business.
However, unlike most corporate blogs, we won't pull any punches or slip into dull company speak, we aim to tell it as it is and to demonstrate true thought-leadership in this space.
- McKinsey Quarterly: Making internal collaboration work – An interview with Don Tapscott
- Get a fantastic deal for IBM Connect 2013 with Kenexa
- Joining the team… Sharon Bellamy
- The Social Business imperative – a time of radical corporate change
- IBM introduces the IBM Connections Suite
- The rise of the Community Manager and the Collaboration Garden: an IBM Social Business Briefing
- Collaboration Matters awarded IBM Platinum Achievement Award
- Different technology, same values
- Warning for IBM Connections admins – change that Plugin keyfile password!
- Social Connections III – Registration is open, session abstracts invited!