Social Connections (the IBM Connections user group) is back, returning for its third event.
Scheduled for Friday 22nd June 2012 at the IBM Labs in Dublin, this is the best chance you’ll have this year to hear directly from IBM Connections customers, consultants, partners, advocates and developers. Yes, developers too! By the kind invitation of IBM we are going direct to their European development base in Dublin, home to many members of the IBM Connections coding team. We’ll have sessions from IBMers on topics such as customisation, widget development, installation and management of Connections. Given that Connections 4.0 is imminent, you may get a sneak peak of what’s coming up in the future too!
However, this is a User Group rather than an IBM education event, so it won’t just be IBMers speaking. With two tracks (Business and Technical) we’re after the best of the best from around the community to speak at the event. As we’ve had at SocCnx I and II, the event will have a mix of customer case studies, adoption advice, technical show-and-tells, panel Q&As, and a few sessions we just can’t predict right now!
The call for session abstracts is open now, and closes on 30 April 2012, so if you would like to submit an abstract to be considered (for a 30minute session) please register for the event today and submit your idea. We’re particularly keen to hear from those outside the usual ‘bubble’ so if you’ve never spoken at Lotusphere or any of the other LUGs please don’t let that put you off. The Social Connections crowd are a very friendly bunch and we’d love to hear some new voices! If you have any questions, please contact Sharon or Stuart for more info.
All the details are at SocialConnections.info, so please head over there to register and to submit an abstract.
About the Blog
Authored by Stuart McIntyre and Rooven Pakkiri, this is the corporate blog for Collaboration Matters covering the topics of Collaboration and Social Business.
However, unlike most corporate blogs, we won't pull any punches or slip into dull company speak, we aim to tell it as it is and to demonstrate true thought-leadership in this space.
- McKinsey Quarterly: Making internal collaboration work – An interview with Don Tapscott
- Get a fantastic deal for IBM Connect 2013 with Kenexa
- Joining the team… Sharon Bellamy
- The Social Business imperative – a time of radical corporate change
- IBM introduces the IBM Connections Suite
- The rise of the Community Manager and the Collaboration Garden: an IBM Social Business Briefing
- Collaboration Matters awarded IBM Platinum Achievement Award
- Different technology, same values
- Warning for IBM Connections admins – change that Plugin keyfile password!
- Social Connections III – Registration is open, session abstracts invited!